Even more so than January, springtime signals to me a time of new beginnings. The dreadful dreariness of winter lifts and the promise of flowers, warm weather and sandals awaits me. It's no wonder that as we come out of hibernation, we want to clear out our nests.
Declutter Art Journal Prompt
In this blog post, I share with you my "declutter" list as well as the declutter lists of some of the students in my Painting with Words online class.
Art by students in Painting with Words
The idea and the techniques in this page are taught in my Painting with Words online class. I wanted to share the art of a few of my students so you could see how they took this idea and made their own statements with it in their art journals.
(all art reprinted with permission from the artists)
1. Art by Natasha Papousek: Notice how the roses are scattered about the letters and words...signaling spring.
2. Art by Tamara Hampton Meadows: Love the colored backgrounds... I also like the idea of decluttering jewelry...reminds me that I have a tangled nest of necklaces in my jewelry box.
3. Art by Patti Salvaggio: The Sol LeWitt stylized patterned background is awesome and I love the way she used white transparent boxes to make the letters pop. The three-dimensional letters are also cool as well as the flowers instead of periods.
4. Art by Victoria Freeman: Love the way the girl is holding up a banner and she chose to put her title on the side vertically.
Painting with Words
The art by students featured in this blog are from the Paintings with Words online ecourse. Missed your chance to sign up for Painting With Words? Join the waitlist to be notified when registration opens again!
Other Posts You Might Like:
- Washi Tape: What is it good for?
- Top 5 reasons why you art journal
In Case We Haven't Met Yet...
Hello! I'm Miriam Schulman and I create mixed media art to tell stories. I also teach other people how to craft their stories with art. I give them the techniques they need to get the results they desire which brings more joy to their lives.
My art has been published by Somerset Studio, Art of Man and the New York Times among others and collected by an international audience. When I'm not working on art in my studio, you'll find me in a museum spending time with friends or family. Explore my art at SchulmanArt.com or join the fun at TheInspirationPlace.net