Monday, December 21, 2015

3 Must-See Art Exhibitions in NYC (December 2015)

3 must see new york city art shows 2015
This December break, my family and I have decided to do a stay-cation in New York City. If you are planning to visit New York City too, here are three of the best art exhibits I found which will be open through the end of December. 
picasso is one of 3 must see new york city art shows 2015

Picasso Sculpture

I have already seen this Picasso exhibit once and I can't wait to drag my family back so I can see it again. This is one of those block buster exhibits that fill up an entire floor of the museum. Prepare to be inspired!

Through February 7th, 2016
Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53rd Street

frank stella at the whitney museum  is one of 3 must see new york city art shows 2015

Frank Stella: A Retrospective

I am really looking forward to this show at the Whitney's brand new site. I have been to the Whitney when it first opened and I love the majestic Manhattan views of the Chelsea area.

Through February 7th, 2016
Whitney Museum of American Art
99 Gansevoort Street

morgan library and museum is one of 3 must see new york city art shows 2015

Morgan Library & Museum

225 Madison Avenue
Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol
through January 10, 2016


Graphic Passion: Matisse and the Book Arts
through January 18, 2016

The Morgan library is a great little museum within walking distance of Grand Central and Penn station. They usually show exhibitions of book illustrations. This December there are two interesting shows on Matisse as well as A Christmas Carol.

Do you like collecting postcards when you go to museums? I am giving away free postcards if you sign up for my "SchulmanArt" newsletter!

Learn more..
I will be mailing this postcard out to active current subscribers on February 5th, 2016 (like the painting on this postcard? You can see it and the rest of the series on my website)

In Case We Haven't Met Yet...

artist Miriam Schulman in her  art studio www.schulmanart.comHello! I'm Miriam Schulman and I create mixed media art to tell stories. I also teach other people how to craft their stories with art. I give them the techniques they need to get the results they desire which brings more joy to their lives.

My art has been published by Somerset StudioArt of Man and the New York Times among others and collected by an international audience. When I'm not working on art in my studio, you'll find me in a museum spending time with friends or family. Explore my art at or join the fun at