Monday, July 28, 2014

A Horse that Paints...

horse that paints abstract art | read the story on
Did you hear about the horse that paints? This retired racehorse, Metro Meteor is selling abstract paintings at about $500 a pop, over 40,000 fans on facebook and a lucrative licensing deal in the works.

horse that paints abstract art | read the story on
Metro the Painting Horse at work on a new abstract
Now don't get me wrong, I love animals..and I love painting them too...but I get a little cranky when I learn that some new elephant, cat, monkey or whatever is selling more art than me. I know that comparison is the thief of happiness, so I try not to dwell too much on the marketing genius behind these animal artists. {to see my art click on these links"  animal art, horse art and abstract art ... please do not tell me in the comments that you like the horse's art better than mine. I will delete them with the spammers from fake designer pocketbook companies}

Tweet: 1 reason Y birds &horses R happy is bc they R not trying 2impress other birds &horses via @schulmanArt

One reason why birds and horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.  ~Dale Carnegie


horse that paints abstract art | read the story on
“Wild Horses” by Metro  $1100

Proceeds support horses

Before you get cranky too and start screaming that the horse isn't really doing the art if he is being handed a brush loaded with paint by his owner (who is an artist) just know that proceeds generated by the horse support his veterinary care and his owners donate 50% of the profits to support other retired racehorses who need to find homes.

To learn more, watch this video clip courtesy of

other blog posts you might like


Do you think what an animal creates should be considered art?