Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Father's Day on the horizon..

Move over mom. @schulmanArt, Miriam Schulman

Free Printable Greeting Card for Father's Day

Seems like we just finished celebrating mother's day when father's day appears on the horizon. I appreciate that the lead in time for mother's day is a lot longer than for father's day. I mean, retailers don't dare start pushing father's day until mothers day is a memory.

Father's Day for the Father-less

Father's day has never been one of my favorite Hallmark holidays. Since I lost my father at age five, father's day has always been about other people's fathers. It is only now as an adult with kids of my own that I can embrace this holiday since it honors my husband and my father-in-law. My heart also goes out to those who have lost their mothers on mother's day. Perhaps that is why I don't make such a huge fuss over that holiday either.

Free Father's Day Card
Print it out last minute from home!

Free Father's Day Card for newsletter subscribers

So it shouldn't be a surprise that I accidentally left the free mother's day card offer up on the sidebar of my blog more than a week after mother's day ended. I send a new printable greeting card each month to my newsletter subscribers...

Newsletter is not the same as blog subscription

Yes, this is different than a blog subscription. The blog subscription will get you updates on my daily blog posts. The newsletter arrives monthly. To subscribe to my monthly newsletter you need to enter your email address HERE. My newsletter is usually a "best of" from the month of my art happenings.. For example, I include pictures of my most popular pinterest pin, most loved instragram post and most popular blog post. I also post my new original art for sale in the newsletter with an exclusive newsletter subscriber coupon.

Rooster Art by @SchulmanArt
Rooster Art

Inspiration Behind the card

The inspiration behind this card came from my father in law who is a retired chicken farmer. The painting on the card, depicts a flock of white roosters. I also offer a print of this rooster art in my etsy store.

How to download and print

If you are a new subscriber you will get a link to download a pdf as soon as you confirm your subscription. You will need either Avery 8315 paper or the equivalent to print out on your ink jet printer. Each print will make two cards. You can also print this out on regular 8.5x11" paper and cut the paper yourself, but the Avery stationery is card stock and perforated which makes the whole process much easier.

How about you? Are these Hallmark holidays difficult for you?