Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Prettiest Placid Blue

Calm yourself with this beautiful color by Miriam Schulman @schulmanArt

Spring 2014 features a light blue color known as Placid Blue - love it?
Being a blogger can be a dangerous thing. I search the net looking for gorgeous and inspiring content-- and then, what? I want to buy it too, that's what. I mean look at this gorgeous collection of drool worthy beauty and fashion I found in spring's hot color trend of "placid blue." 

Placid Blue

I don't know what it is about this shade that inspires spring shopping fever more than the other colors I have featured. On the pantone Spring color report they say, "Placid Blue, like a picture-perfect, tranquil and reassuring sky, induces a sense of peaceful calmness"

Top Picks

Okay-- here is why I chose each luscious blue piece. I love the simplicity of a Henley top in a trendy color and a dressier alternative to blue jeans are these pigment dyed pants. I love the way they are high waisted so I can sit down without worrying about mooning a restaurant patron or other parents at whatever Mommy-back-to-school-meeting-function I am attending. Although I am not brand conscious, I just couldn't resist adding high end Tory Burch and Prada accessories. The blue ballet flats looked expensive yet comfortable, cause really, who wants to teeter around in stilettos anyway.  I always love including nail polish in the trendy color du jour features, an easy way to add style and who else is happy that blue eyeshadow is back in vogue? Must be all those Mad Men episodes.
Lust List
True religion shirt
$140 -

River Island denim pants
$50 -

Dip dye shorts
$13 -

Guerlain matte eyeshadow

Essie nail polish

Spring 2014 color forecast

Prada purse

Long teardrop earrings
$75 -

Tory burch bracelet
Flag art | European Union Flag

Other posts you might like:

What about you? Are you inspired by this color too?

Like posts on color trends? Don't miss a single inspiring post when you subscribe by Email / RSS / BlogLovin / NetworkedBlogs