Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Color of the week: Yellow Freesia

Spring ahead! by Miriam Schulman, @schulmanArt

Spring 2014 Color Trend: Yellow Freesia
Spring 2014 Color Trend: Yellow Freesia
As far as I am concerned, winter is OVER.
Yesterday, I announced on facebook and instagram that I was done with Winter. Completely and officially done. Never mind that there is a four foot deep glacier on my front yard and the frozen white concrete that covers my grass won't melt till May.

Spring as far as I am concerned has started. I decided I would post a different flower painting on my news feeds each day this month and yesterday I donned my sunniest shirt, a brand new bright yellow Mexican peasant top I just bought on etsy from Sirenology.  In anticipation of yellow being my color of the week I looked in my closet and saw I had not a single piece of yellow clothing-- guess I had decided long ago yellow wadn't my color. ...and maybe it isn't. Although, I have to say, that no matter how flattering or unflattering yellow is, I was so happy wearing this color that I am sure my inside happiness glowed through.


Pantone Spring 2014 Color: Freesia

There is nothing brighter and happier than the color yellow. This trendy color was top for spring 2014 runways. Add it to your fashion and home decor for instant sunshine. Here are some of my favorite ideas I gathered from shops all over the internet.

Which one is your favorite?


Shopping Wish List:
artist Miriam Schulman
Yellow is my color of the week-
here I am in a top by Sirenology

  • Betsey Johnson Flower Yellow Earring
  • You Know the Rules Bracelet $17 modcloth.com
  • Lady Alamo Vespa Lady - Printed Tote in Goldenrod $32 bluefly.com
  • Bench Inclus Jacket
  • Sergio Rossi Textured Leather Sandal $385 shoptheshoebox.com 
  • Sydney Evan Diamond LAUGH Necklace - Yellow Gold $1,190 ylang23.com
  • Brighten Up Circle Scarf in Mustard $13 modcloth.com
  • butter LONDON 3 Free Nail Lacquer, Pimms $15 beauty.com
  • peacock blue & gold pencil case $18 etsy.com


PS posts you might also like are:

More yellow finds on etsy!

Like posts on color trends? Don't miss a single inspiring post when you subscribe by Email / RSS / BlogLovin / NetworkedBlogs