Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jewelry Making Addict Jill Evans

Find Jill's jewelry on etsy
SchulmanArt: Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you got started designing jewelry:
Jill Evans: I am from the Easter Shore of Virginia. I grew up in Richmond, Virginia. I now reside in Raleigh, NC.  I actually have a degree in Physical therapy and basically stumbled upon this one day visiting a bead store in Charlotte, NC. I was hooked instantly and took a few classes and the rest is history. I have been selling professionally for five years now and on etsy three years. I decided to be a professional designer/artist about 6yrs ago and haven't stopped since. I know it's cliche but I LOVE it and am so passionate about what I do. It's completely addicting to me and I hope to never have to stop.

addicted to jewelry making
SchulmanArt: Where do you create? 
Jill Evans: My studio space is a bedroom in my house with two large tables and tons of storage boxes that I have labeled and organized to some degree, always a work in progress. It has a large window for lighting and inspiration. It may not be fancy but it's mine. I have a music player in there for when I need to shake things up a bit or mellow out. I can spread everything out [on the floor] and get inspired! I stay focused by locking myself in my room after everyone is either off for their day or asleep.