Thursday, February 27, 2014

How to create inspiring content for your blog or pinterest boards

what is polyvore Use Polyvore by Miriam Schulman, @schulmanArt

What is polyvore?

I recently discovered Polyvore, which is a community powered social commerce website. Members curate products into a shared product index and use them to create image collages called "Sets". This is similar to Pinterest except that the topics are targets to fashion, home and beauty and users can make cohesive inspiration boards that tell a story.

what is polyvore
My color sets on Polyvore

Why I love it

I also have been using Polyvore to create the "color of the week" boards that you have been seeing here on my blog. This is a million times easier than creating your own boards using photoshop. You can search the site for items or upload your own and paste them onto a set. (This week the color of the week was blue, you can read that post here- Do you love blue too?)

pinterest fashion trends
Collage sets curated by other members of Polyvore
are added to my Pinterest "Fashion Trends" board

I love adding my handbags to the site and seeing what other people come up with using my products. I don't ask people to use my items, they just discover them on their own and include my handbags, purses and art if they like them! When users use one of my items in a set I get a notification and then I add their sets to my "Fashion Trends" boards on Pinterest. I'll be sharing these sets on Fridays here on my blog so you can see all these great outfit ideas.


How do YOU come up with new ideas??