To Bring Or Not To Bring: Guide to Packing for College 101
by Emmy Hirsch, guest blogger
|The Decal Lab has many more wall |
decals available on etsy!
|Add a throw pillow to personalize your space.|
|Stay optimistic with inspirational cards by SchulmanArt|
|Find more inspirational art prints for your dorm walls!|
|More notebooks in Cristina's etsy shop!|
The most important thing to remember is that you will buy stuff when you get there. Most cosmetics and school materials can be bought throughout the year. However, I've come up with a list of the "Don't-Forget-'Em Essentials" that is meant to let you know of things that you might forget to pack but if you bring might just make your college life a little easier:
- Quarters: Possibly one of the highest-demand items on a college campus.
- Detergent and Fabric Softener: Always available at the local drugstore, but use mom's help in choosing a brand.
- Laundry Bag
- Shower Caddy: Bring soap, shampoo, conditioner, razor, etc. to and from your room can be a hackle.
- Shower Shoes: Flip flops will do the trick.
- First Aid Kit: To heal the little booboos you get here and there.
- Hangers: It's no fun to arrive to school with tons of clothes that have to live on your bed your closet floor for the first few days. TIP: Pack your clothing on your hangers and put a garbage bag over them. That way, you can just hang them up when you get there instead of all the unnecessary folding, unfolding, and hanging you'll be doing.
- Extra Long Sheets: Check with your school before buying sheets. Most college residence halls have extra long twin beds, which need a specific size of sheets to fit them.
- Small Fan: Most dorms don't have air conditioning. Ergo, a tiny fan will do you wonders.
- Umbrella: You'll be grateful for it the first time it rains on campus.
|Karmin has many more burlap items!|
mentioned in this post: @PaperPlainShop @TheDecalLab @urbandesignink
Emmy Hirsch is an intern for SchulmanArt and will be an incoming freshman at Franklin and Marshall College.