Thursday, March 7, 2013

Isn't Pantone's Emerald Green really Aquamarine??

Who comes up with the Pantone color names??
by @schulmanArt, Miriam Schulman 

All the inspirational ingredients in my studio came together to make one super inspirational artwork!

March's birthstone is aquamarine-- which happens to be my current most favorite color. I am in love with everything I find in that color-- I know the color of the year is emerald green, but when I look at Pantone's color "emerald green" it doesn't look very Christmas tree emerald to me...(check out my color chip and tell me what YOU think) I think this is really an
emerald? really?
aquamarine color...but if saying my artwork is "emerald green" gets me into more treasuries and more traffic on etsy-- who am I to argue? So whether you call it emerald green or aquamarine I like the shade in that color chip... amen.

I love the three dimensional texture of this piece, don't you?
Now about my process. A few months ago I got addicted to youtube tutorials and in particular some wonderful mixed media artists. I even started subscribing to "kits" (currently, I am a Scarlett Lime subscriber) These are great because it forces me to get things I wouldn't normally purchase and then come up with an idea of how to use the products. One of the items in a kit that had me stumped was crepe paper trim. So I was really excited when I realized I could use it instead of lace to embellish a heart thanks to artist Limor Webber. She does tons of long demo projects on u-stream and records many of them to youtube. In a recent show, she made a heart with wings and lace. I swapped a million of her details for details of my own to make the art true to me.

More details about the art:
This modern painting fits right in with your shabby chic home decor and will make your heart sing. The inspirational quote reads: "Follow Your Heart" and is placed over a heart that is embellished with three dimensional flowers, ribbons, ruffles and a skeleton key. The heart has butterfly wings. The mixed media collage art is done a gallery wrapped canvas and the sides have been pattered and decorated to coordinate with the front so you do not have to frame this artwork, just hang is right on your wall, prop it up on a dresser or bookcase or even your desk and let it keep you inspired all day.

The sides are just as interesting as the front!
The happy aquamarine and orange colors are perfect for springtime or anytime you want to add a little spring in your step and lightness in your heart. Whether you are shopping for Mother's day, a picky teenager or just fell in love with it yourself, you won't be disappointed with the quality of the craftsmanship in this one of a kind artwork.

You will get enjoyment every time you look at this inspirational art as it completes your home decor and raises the mood of everyone in the room. This art appeals to teenage girls, art lovers and free spirits of all ages; would make a fantastic gift idea for a girl, or decorate a nursery or girls' room. Whimsical textured flowers, and cheerful colors add additional artsy touches.

You do not have to frame the gallery wrapped canvas!
Title: Follow your Heart ( and fly)
Size: 8x8" gallery wrapped canvas, sides decorated to match the front. The gallery wrapped canvas will save you money on framing since it is wired and ready to hang right on your wall.

etsy finds: 

To follow more of color and home decor ideas you can subscribe to daily blog posts or get a weekly digest: by Email / RSS / BlogLovin / NetworkedBlogs