Melanie's stamps for sale on
Melanie Statnick: I'm a mixed media artist from Ontario Canada, I grew up in the city of Kitchener that is rich in German history. I settled in North Carolina. The sunny south is beautiful. We have the Mountains, the Piedmont and of course the Coast . Each place has a special feel, and is rich with art history. Each region has a unique inspiration, from the Blue Ridge parkway, cityscape's of the Piedmont to the warm beaches on the coast.

SchulmanArt: Where did you study art? 
MS: I don't remember a time in my life when I was creating art. As far as education goes, I pursued art all through my school days,with a few college classes, workshops here and there but mostly I'm Self Taught. It wasn't until I had a life changing year where I took what I was doing seriously and my art has healed me.

Become her fan on facebook!
SchulmanArt: How long have you been selling on Etsy? 
Melanie Statnick: I have had my Etsy shop open for 2 years, and I have been selling in shops and Galleries for 4 years. Two years ago I broke into selling and creating my Art independently and have been happy and successful.

SchulmanArt: How did you get started on making stamps? 
Melanie Statnick: I started carving my own stamps in 2011 and used them here and there in my artwork.I saw many other artist in books and magazines carving their own and I was attracted to the idea of making stamps that I wanted but hadn't yet been in stores. I was offered manufacturing of some of my collections by RubbermoonRubbermoon is owned by an artist who makes this program just with artists in mind. All of the stamps are handmade in the USA.  I have yet to teach stamp carving. I have so many other projects going on at this time, I have to balance one at a time. 

SchulmanArt: How do you stay focused and disciplined? 
MS: Yoga and Meditation are key. Releasing tension and stress with yoga helps relax my body and after 15 min meditation I can focus better on my goals for the day. One step and a time and remember to breathe.

SchulmanArt: What is your studio space like? 

MS: I have settled into the spare room in the house for my studio. I had a outdoor studio built a few years ago, but it really became a hassle moving in and out with the seasons. It was primitive no insulation or running water. My view from the house is great. My yard is tree lined and I have plenty of bird feeders and gardens to look out at.It has the best sun light.

Art is about opening the windows and doors not shutting them. ~Randy Keenan