Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year's Art Goal #4: Working Small

Beautiful Little Treasures
by Miriam Schulman, @schulmanArt

mini art
Mini Canvas reads: I love you to bits!
Last year I made my largest canvas ever! I painted a 4x6' peacock...this year I will continue to make large canvases but I also have plans to work small. How small? Well I ordered a shipment from DickBlick of 4x4", 6x6" and 8x8" canvases that I plan to fill with big ideas. Here are the first set of canvases I completed. They make lovely presents for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or a birthday.  Many in the first series I filled with "love notes" which make them appropriate for Valentine's day, but because of the spring colors and the flower theme, I could see giving these to your mother as well.

mini art
A glittery chartreuse butterfly soars above jeweled flowers!
I showed them to my husband in the kitchen and he immediately hung one on a kitchen cabinet knob! How clever! It looked so beautiful there. I also thought it would look good on a girl's dresser knob. My daughter "borrowed" one for her room.

mini art
3-d collage art reads: I love you.
mini art
so pretty! baby gift, mother's day or ??

These cute mini mixed media originals have 3-d flowers with beaded jeweled centers and patterned  stems. The art has inspirational quote art and love notes making it great for Valentine's day or another special occasion. Each colorful collage art painting has a bright butterfly and a chartreuse green ribbon to hang it on a wall or from a kitchen cabinet knob or a dresser knob. The petite size also makes a great desk ornament. This makes a creative gift for women of all ages whether for a sophisticated nursery room, cottage chic or boho decor.You will absolutely love this art!

Size: 4x4" gallery wrapped canvas, sides painted & textured
This art saves you money on framing since it is ready to hang right on your wall or on a knob.

Discover all my floral art!
Like this size? Check out all my mini canvases

These things I just found on etsy made me laugh!!!!  
hilarious gifts on @etsy!