Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meditate to Motivate

Interview with Jewelry Designer Corinna Maggy
by @SchulmanArt, Miriam Schulman

Corinna Maggy Designs
Corinna is a BFA graduate of Northern Arizona University with an emphasis on Jewelry and Metalsmithing. She started selling her jewelry on etsy in 2009.

Why do you like creating jewelry? 
While I choose to work with metal, I really love all areas of art, from metal, to clay, to paint and pencil. It each has it's own quality to function as an extension of my imagination.

How do you balance work and family?
No day is really typical. I am a mom and business owner outside of my jewelry business so each day is of it's own. I may have a lot of things on my list for a day. I focus on one at a time, always moving forward and accomplishing what I can. I get inspired and focused by staying positive and always moving forward. Meditation and going within are great ways to manifest ideas. Put it all together to make your ideas a reality.

Corinna Maggy
What is your dream studio?
I am in the process of setting up new studio space which will be wonderful since it is my own. The plan is to have multiple stations to be able to have different projects set up at the same time. This way my creative mood can choose where to be at a given time.

How do you think parents can influence their children's creatively? 
My earliest memories are with my father, a huge blank pad, and crayons. We would pick a theme and create a magical place. Now, I include my children in my creative process and allow their innocence to inspire me. Sometimes they help me create my pieces, and we love doing crafts and creating together. Our walls are filled with their work. I have twins so we like to show the value in their creative individuality.

Keep Calm and Carry on Etsy