Monday, October 17, 2011

What's the most popular art gift for the holidays?

House Portraits!
by Miriam Schulman, @SchulmanArt
The portraits commissions have been coming in as well as orders for the holidays. This year's clear winner is the house portrait. A personalized gift that never goes out of style, everyone loves their home and watercolor portrait is the perfect fine art gift. My first order came in a month ago from a Canadian shopper who swears she gets all her holiday shopping done by October 1st!  She sent me a photo of her husband's childhood home and all the siblings chipped in for this surprise gift for her in-laws.

House Portrait Sketch
A local collector also had her in-laws in mind but wants to give the present during Thanksgiving so I'll be working on that one soon too.
This weekend I received a photo from a husband who wants to give his wife a painting of their new home. I sketched it out (shown right) and am waiting for him to approve the sketch before I start painting. House portraits are the most popular, but I also am getting sales of landscapes. A California landscape is an anniversary gift for a husband. Check out all my online galleries of originals and prints. If you don't find the perfect landscape, I'd be happy to create a special art commission of any place from your photo just for you.

More holiday gifts for the House proud!