by Miriam Schulman
|From Drawing at the Frick|
|Gardens at Wave Hill offers the "Artist Circle" on Thursdays|
1) The Metropolitan Museum of Art has drop in drawing on select friday nights for people of all ages. All art materials are provided including drawing boards and stools. Each night is a different theme and an instructor repeats the lesson theme every 30 minutes. All programs are free with museum admission and require no registration. Friday nights 6:30-8:30pm
- June 24, 2011 instructor Barbara Woods Still Life, meets in European Paintings galleries, 2nd floor
- July 8, 2011 instructor Deborah Lutz Make Your Mark in Color meets in Nineteenth-Century European Paintings and Sculpture Galleries, 2nd floor
- July 22, 2011 instructor Jo Wood-Brown Contemplating the Contemporary meets at the Lila Acheson Wallace Wing, 2nd floor
- August 5, 2011 instructor Jessica Houston, Finding Balance: Measurement and Proportion meets at Greek and Roman Art Galleries, 1st floor
2) The Frick Collection also has a drop in drawing program. This summer the theme is "Bellini and Botany". "Sunday Sketch" is a free program with admission. This summer it meets 6/26, 7/10. 7/25 and 8/14
Meet at the Garden Court at the Frick. This program is for participants over age 10.
Explore Bellini’s St. Francis in the Desert with a focus on drawing the plants seen in this iconic picture. Materials will be provided, and a teaching artist will be available for instruction as needed. All ages over 10 are welcome to drop-in between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m.
This program is offered in conjunction with the special exhibition In a New Light: Bellini's St. Francis in the Desert at The Frick Collection from May 22, 2011, through August 28, 2011.
3) Wave Hill, Bronx This scenic garden over looks the Hudson River and they offer a drop in program for painting in the gardens en plein air.
|Artists' Circle meets every Thursday in July and August weather permitting and offers a community of artist to paint together. Wave Hill provides the easels and you bring your other supplies. 10-1pm|
|There is a facilitated critique at each session.|
|Session fee: $10 Member/$18 Non-member.|
Art I have done based on Museum inspirations:
|click HERE to purchase drawing pictured above|