Thursday, February 3, 2011

Look at these work in progress photos to see how this artist spent her day snowed in!

After chipping a two inch sheet of ice off my front steps and driveway I decided
it was time to start working on th eportrait commission I had been ignoring all week.
Within an hour, I had roughed out the flesh tones for the faces and the hands. I love the way painting on an easel forced paint to drip down the front of my "canvas" ( this is a watercolor which is paper stapled on a board)  Nxt, I worked on the brick wall behind the girls. Next the dark pants and some stripes were put  in.
In my last hour I began refining the youngest girl's face and her hair. By four o'clock the natural light in my studio began to fade and I decided it was time for a glass of wine. Quitting Time!