Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Large Abstract Watercolors on Canvas and Paper

Here are some of the latest watercolors listed on my website

This tulip painting is done on watercolor canvas. I love this techniques because it allows my collectors to display without framing, but they can also frame it without glass.
This advantage is more cost effective and also shows off the artwork better since there is no glare from glass on the surface. I also love the vibrancy the paint retains on the canvas surface.

Tulip Ta Da, Watercolor Abstract on Canvas 18x24 - SOLD

This watercolor isn't exactly new, but I was dissatisfied with the photographs I had. I rephotographed it to its best advanatage. You can see close up details of it on my website.
It is a large abstract watercolor on paper. The edges have been taped to leave a white border all around. It would stunning in a floated frame. I did a lot of experimentation with water and masking fluid to create celestial effects in the background. There were two purple rose paintings.
The other one in the series recently sold.

Purple Rose I, Original Large Abstract Watercolor - SOLD

More Floral Art by Schulman.