Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Watercolor Painting on CANVAS, ABSTRACT RED POPPY

I have been thrilled with watercolor from the moment the blank canvas arrived to my door via Fedex. I couldn't wait to draw on the canvas with pencil and "play" with the paint. The canvas lived up to my expectations as I floated beautiful washes of watercolors on it. This technique will allow you to display my watercolors without a frame. The canvas is specially prepared for watercolors and the surface has been finished with protective layers of UV coating.The sides are painted with a transparent black watercolor paint.

This painting depicts one of my favorite subjects, the bright red poppy against a golden background. The colors are very complex. Check out the scans for the detail of true color scanning. ( though your monitor may be different)
Be the first to collect one of my original watercolor paintings on canvas.