Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bird Paintings

painting in private collection

I just love experimenting with touches of metallic gold paint. I am especially pleased with the way the feathers turned out.The geometric patterns of the feathers also excite me artistically.
The story behind this painting:
The sea gull painting is really two love birds. I recently sold a small oil painting of the same subject and a collector who had been thinking about buying it and missed out asked me to paint the subject again. I said I would, but in a different medium and much much larger. So here they are painted in acrylics. The finished painting is 16x20" which is four times the size of the first I did in that series. I decided to keep their closeness and love for each other. They truly are "love birds"!

Love Birds adorn home decor accents and gift items!