Thursday, February 28, 2008

Harlem Train Painting, New York City

Train Art, print for sale
I gave myself the "day off" and went into the city to see the Courbet exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

The art show was so wonderful. He is an artist you can only appreciate in person.
Then I treated myself to lunch at the Cafe Sabarsky. It is in the Neue Gallery. Really lovely. The Neue Gallery had an exhibit going on too, but I can only really absorb one exhibit per day so I decided to save that for another time.

This is the train I caught on my way home. It is very, very cold right now in New York so everyone was waiting in the vestibules by the stairs. That is why the platform was deserted.

On a warmer day I'd like to go back and do some more art of that area. There are so many interesting people on the streets.

Now you don't have to compute to New York for the excitement of the train!