Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Farewell to Hopper

Last night I had my last drawing session at the Hopper House in Nyack, New York. Dan Duggan, the group's life drawing moderator, has decided to stop running it. I will truly miss the whole of the experience. Set in the historic child home of the painter, Edward Hopper, the group met on Tuesday nights to draw from a live model. Each week Dan brought us different models of different ethnicities ages and body types. All fabulously beautiful whether full and voluptuous or thin and dancer like. And yes we had a male model on occasion. I also loved being in a community of artists. Dan offered no instruction, yet I learned from the other artists by watching and doing. Like playing an instrument, I felt the growth in my skills each week. And of course, I love selling the drawings online all over the world.